Important information for Qscan referrers across Brisbane and the Gold Coast during Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we want to ensure that all our referrers are kept up to date with how we are approaching patient management across the Qscan Group.
Qscan has industry-leading protocols in place at our clinics to help care for your patients. We continue to ensure our clinics are safe for patients and staff with appropriate use of PPE measures.
In order to manage respiratory or potentially infectious patients, we ask that you assist us by indicating appropriately on your patient’s referral, one of the classifications below:
- Chronic non-infectious respiratory patients
- Patients with chronic lung disease but not infectious
- Please clearly state “chronic nonCOVID-19” on your patient’s referral to help us triage effectively
- Acute URTI or Acute LRTI where COVID-19 not suspected
- For these patients we will enact our ‘potentially acute infectious’ protocol which requires full PPE and decontamination protocols
- Please supply these patients with a surgical facemask to wear throughout their clinic visit
- Please clearly state “acutely unwell, COVID-19 not suspected” on referral
- Suspected COVID-19 patients
- If you suspect your patient has COVID-19, please direct them to a public hospital or fever clinic
- Should you believe the examination is very urgent (limb/life threatening) such as DVT, acute abdominal pain, testicular torsion, ectopic pregnancy etc. we will look to provide service with full PPE protection
- Please indicate “Suspected COVID-19” on referral and call ahead before sending patient
Please note that non-infectious/non-respiratory patients may call or arrive at our clinic as per normal for their examination. These patients will still be triaged to ensure they are asymptomatic for COVID-19.
Your assistance will help expedite your patient’s examination and ensure our best efforts to screen patients does not impede their access to imaging.
Please also note our other referrer resources available at this time including:
- Telehealth e-referrals https://www.qscan.com.au/referrer-resources/
- Important patient information for attending a Qscan clinic during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation https://www.qscan.com.au/important-information/
Qscan recognises the importance of delivering fast and accurate results to our referring practitioners. Qscan iQ is Qscan’s Picture and Archiving Communications System (PACS) used by our Radiologists. Our platform is powered by InteleViewer and includes InteleConnect for online access to radiology results anywhere, anytime.
To gain access to our free Qscan iQ service to view your patient’s reports and images, please visit www.qscaniq.com.au/Portal/app and click on “Apply for a Qscan iQ Account.
Should you require technical support please either contact our Referrer Support Team on 07 3357 0960, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the following enquiry form.